Holiday checklist for your baby & toddler
Planning a family holiday leads to so many questions like which destination to book? What flight times will work best? The time of year? What kind of holiday will suit you as a family? Facilities for little ones? etc etc. Not to mention what to pack in your suitcase for your baby and/or toddler. Every parent knows leaving the house for a day out with little ones in tow is an absolute mission and you end up packing so many essentials and things you might need 'just in case' so packing for a few days or weeks holiday can be a task in itself.
That is why we have put together a holiday packing checklist of all the things you may need for your baby/ toddler on your family trip, and to help you feel less stressed and more excited about getting organised.
First off the travel part.... yep keeping your little ones entertained and making sure you have all the essentials can be stressful but do not worry we are here to help guide you.
Travelling to your destination
- Travel documents, booking confirmations and passports
- Car seat
- Pram/ Pushchair
- Travel Potty
- Changing bag with all of the essentials such as nappies, wipes, nappy bags a changing mat, nappy cream, muslin cloth, change of clothes, Teether
- Baby carrier
- Toddler Reins
- Favourite teddy to nap with along the way
- Colouring book/ books/ puzzles/ selection of favourite toys, tablet or dvd player.
- Bottled milk/ Snacks
- Sippy cup
Essentials for your holiday stay
- Sun cream with a high SPF and 5 star rating
- Aftersun/ moisturiser.
- Any medication needed
- Hand sanitiser
- First aid kit with the basics.
- Swimming nappies
- Nappy wipes
- Nappy bags
- Body wash
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Bath toys
- Muslin Cloths
- Insect repellent & insect bite soother
- Insect mesh pram cover if you are out in the evenings
Out in the sun essentials
- Beach Towels
- Parasol for the pram/ pushchair
- UV pop up tent
- Sun hat's
Sleeping on Holiday essentials
- Travel cot- a lot of hotels offer these but always double check
- Cot Sheets
- Sleeping bag
- Bedtime story
- Bedtime comforter
- Baby monitor
- Tops & Tee's
- Trousers, Shorts & Skirts
- Swimwear, UV protective wet suits, swim shorts, swim costumes
- Sandals/ shoes
- Warm layers e.g cardigans, sweaters, tights if its chilly
- Cool clothing for hot climates
- Bibs- I usually take 1 silicone wipe clean bibs to use all holiday.
- Bobbles/ hair clips and accessories.
- Formula/ Bottles
- Breast pump
- Sterilising equipment
- Food pouches
- Favourite snacks
- Tupperware/ cutlery
It seems like a never ending list doesn't it? Don't worry about forgetting anything you can usually buy most things in most places and a good tip if your travelling abroad is to stock up on baby snacks/ food at the airport so its not taking up lots of space in your suitcase. That way you have the snacks handy for travelling too. I usually buy any activity/ colouring books at the airport as well to keep my little one occupied.
Enjoy your family holiday making lots of amazing memories!
Here are some useful links to travel company's that cater specifically with baby and toddler holiday needs in mind: